Maskne. It’s a real thing. Breakouts around your mouth and chin area from wearing your mask, due to Covid-19, can leave us all feeling frustrated and trapped. Here are some tips on how to fight maskne (mask acne).
Tips on How to Fight Maskne (mask acne)
- Find the right fit – Loose fitting masks will rub and move all day, which will cause irritation.
- Don’t touch your mask and face – The more you move your mask around, the more germs that can likely be transferred to your face
- Wash your mask often with gentle detergent – Change out your mask every day or wash with a gentle detergent for sensitive skin. Do not use any softeners or dryer sheets, as these may contribute to irritation.
- Exfoliate a few times a week – Make sure you are exfoliating your face a few times a week, but don’t over-exfoliate. I love using this masque to exfoliate because it isn’t too harsh and the ingredients are pure.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize daily – Use a skin regimen with high quality ingredients that will be gentle on the skin and maskne. I love this skincare line.
A secret use for toner
Did you know that toner is meant to gently refresh your skin without stripping it of its natural moisture? This means toner should not irritate sensitive skin or cause excessive dryness. Toner also prepares the skin to drink up your post-cleansing moisturizer and any other skin treatments that you may apply.
I have a secret tip for you to do with your toner. First of all, here is the toner I use and love. This toner comes in a spray form, so there no excess rubbing onto the face to cause irritation. But the reason why this toner works specifically well for this tip is because it sprays out.
What I like to do is spray some of this toner into my mask before wearing! This will act as a barrier to irritation and prevent from debri from setting into your skin. Try it!
A secret use for setting spray
While this might not be a tip on how to fight acne, this is a great tip to keeping your makeup from rubbing off on your mask!
Spray your favorite setting spray not only onto your face after your makeup application, but also into your mask before wearing. This will help your makeup from rubbing off and transferring onto your mask! Try it! Just another way to use my favorite setting spray. (here are 9 others)
I hope these tips on how to fight maskne (mask acne) help you, and your face! This is such a new time for us all and our faces need time to adapt, just like we do!