I thought I would get a little personal today and let you in on a few things you may not know about Sweet Charli Blog and Me! These are super-random so bare with me!
Secrets behind the blog:
1. Did you know that I don’t have a craft room? Nope. It would make life a lot easier if I did but instead I have to get all my junk out from the pantry and set it out on my kitchen cabinet. Sometimes it’s left out for days!
2. Viral camera phone picture. Last year I had a recipe go viral. It is funny because as a blogger you think you can predict posts that will be popular – and then they are not. Then the posts you don’t really put much thought into end up exploding on Pinterest and you’re like, “Wait, can I take a better picture of that?”! My Forbidden Oreo Pudding Cake was taken with a camera phone. Yes, a camera phone! I made the cake for my husband’s birthday, made up the recipe as I went and then when it was finished I thought it looked pretty good. I snapped a quick picture and posted it on the blog a few days later!
3. Speaking of pictures, lets talk about my camera. For some reason I have not bought a nice DSLR camera. Most bloggers are practically professionals but I use a point and shoot! I asked my husband for a nice camera for Christmas two years ago and bless his heart he got me another point and shoot! I can live with it!
4. Some people may wonder what and when my first ever project was. Its really fun to look back and see how far the ole’ bloggity blog has come. See what my first project was HERE! Ya gotta just love the photography LOL! Apparently they were taken with an iPhone too! The lighting is horrible!
5. My absolute saving grace is Picmonkey. What would I do without it? I don’t have Photoshop or any other editing program so I am so grateful for it!
6. I want to let you in behind the scenes of my photoshoots for projects. Because I have such an “awesome” camera, I have to be especially careful of the lighting and location of where I take my photos.
This is where 90% of the pictures I post are taken!! On the kitchen floor right by the door. They look okay, right?!
7. I wish I could be one of those bloggers who post something every day. Did you know some bloggers plan out their posts up to months? Here is what I sometimes do: I will get home from the gym in the morning at about 6:15am and think, “Hmmm…should I post something today?” So then I will get on the computer and throw a post together! It’s kinda fun though because what you are reading on those days are present feelings, ideas, or thoughts that I am having!
Things you may not know about ME!
1. I hate gum. Hate is a strong word and I try not to use it especially around my 4 year old because then I always hear, “Mom, we don’t say hate!”. But really, I dislike it. I have never been much of a gum-chewer ever. I kinda have a loose jaw and when I chew gum it just messes it all up! Plus, I hate the smell and texture of it – all flavors. It kinda grosses me out! Sometimes I have dreams that I am choking on it! Am I weird or what? So I try to carry a mint with me and next time you are about to offer me gum I will usually make up an excuse not to have it! If I have bad breath, just tell me!
2. I have never had a cavity; knock on wood. I do not like telling people this because I think I might jinx myself! I have good enamel though, what can I say? 28 years, no cavities. However, I did lose 1/2 of my front tooth to a batting incident when I was 10.
3. I had a birthmark and now a battle wound. I had a birthmark for the first 10 years of my life. This wasn’t just any ordinary birthmark. It was a very dark brown oval on my right bicep that felt like velvet. It was kinda cool in a way but I was very paranoid about it, even as a young child. I decided I wanted to get it removed so my dermatologist did a surgery and I was left with a scar. I would rather have a scar but I get questions about it a lot. It is about 5 inches long and I forget it is even there but when I am asked what happened I usually try to make up a cool story!
4. Did you know I was one semester away from being an elementary school teacher? I was. For some reason my drive to be one totally stopped and I decided to go into cosmotology instead. I have my lisence to do nails, but I don’t do them anymore!
5. I lived in New Mexico…for 4 months. Once upon a time I had been graduated from high school for 9 months. One of my best friends asked if I wanted to go to school with her in Farmington, New Mexico. Where? A very small town in the four corners area. Tuition was only $400 dollars for out of state and we needed a little adventure. Little it was but so many memories were made. I made the decision to go 1 week before the semester started. It was great! That town had little to offer but we have nothing but the best memories to share. We were waitresses at an Italian Restaurant called, “Johnny Corino’s”.
6. One of my nightly rituals is to put Vaseline in my nose. Yep, with a Qtip. If I even miss one night the inside of my nose gets so dry it hurts really bad the next day!
I asked the question on Facebook if anyone had any questions they wanted to ask me and had a pretty sad response, LOL, I’m so cool! I had one question and it came from my friend Elyse, at Six Sisters’ Stuff (thanks Elyse!). She asked,
“What hair products and make-up do you use?”
I don’t think I have ever been asked this question so I am happy to share. Lets start with hair. I have used the same shampoo and conditioner since probably Jr. High. I try to switch and try new things but I always go back to Biolage Color Care.
After the shower I spritz with Unite 7 Second Leave-In Conditioner and after brushing through my wet hair I use Bed Head Small Talk at my roots. After my hair is dry and I style it, I take a little Biosilk and smooth out my ends and flyaways.
Hairsprays that I use are Farouk Royal Treatment, being more on the pricey end and Garnier Fructis Extreme Control or Full Control on the inexpensive side.
I love the smell of Farouk and love that it gives you a strong hold but you can still play a little with your hair afterwards and while using.
Garnier is great because its around $3 and seems to give me enough hold while still letting my curls be loose and bouncy. It’s found in your grocery store.
As far as makeup goes:
Foundation/Bronzer/Blush – Revlon’s Photoready Airbrush Mousse Foundation.
**I had the privilege to go see Maskcara, the contour queen, this week at a local store. She was giving tips and she did my foundation with her new line of makeup. I loved it. I bought some. I am now using this contouring system.
Mascara – Revlon’s 3D Photo Ready – Love this. Don’t think I will be changing!
Eyeshadows – Mac, ELF, Too-Faced.
Lips – Anything that floats my boat. I love Baby Lips, this flavor and color. I accidentally fell in love with Wet’n’Wild’s 547B Breeze. It’s like $1 and it stays a long time and is silky and moistens. It is a really pretty color. I love any lip gloss from Victoria’s Secret but my favorite color and flavor is Mocktail Hour. And I just started using Maskcara’s new line of lip stuff!
Well, that’s me in a nutshell. Not too interesting but this was kinda fun to read, right?!