- Whole Wheat Pita – I have a hard time finding these in most local grocery stores except one that I don’t normally go to, it’s called Lee’s. The brand I buy there is called Papa Pita and it is super-yummy, 9″, and very low in cals.
- Mozzarella cheese or low-fat cheddar cheese – I always have mozzarella so I just use that and it’s great.
- Tomato sauce (no salt added) or a low calorie marinara sauce – I always have tomato sauce on hand so I use that and it tastes great.
- Chicken, ham, or turkey – I always have cooked diced/shredded chicken in my fridge. On the other hand, I always have deli meat too, and you can use that as well.
- Veggies – whatever floats your boat (peppers, onions, peppers, spinach, olives, etc.)
- Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350. Spray olive oil or brush a light coat onto your pita. Take about 3T of your sauce and spread over pita. Place about 2oz of ham, or 4oz of turkey or chicken onto your sauce, and then any veggies (I used peppers and olives). Sprinkle about 1/4 cup cheese over the top and place into oven. Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is golden. The olive oil helps the crust to be crispy, but not burnt. Normally when making pizza you cook it until the cheese bubbles. This cheese will not bubble because it has no fat it in. Just an fyi!
Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and enjoy! The kids love this recipe and they think it’s so cool to be able to make their own pizza by sprinkling cheese and pepperonis on all by themselves!
Read about how I lost weight, inches, and fat by eating right HERE and also check out my 7-day healthy meal plan HERE.