Menu

DIY Gift Box Using a Paper Plate!

Remember how I made gift boxes from toilet paper rolls HERE?  Well, here is another DIY gift box you can make for next to nothing $ !!
What you need:
Paper plates, the flimsy kind (I get mine from the dollar store)
Paint or markers to decorate the outside of your box
Hot glue
Ribbon if desired
I decorated most of mine with acrylic paint.  You can use markers, have your kids color their own, etc.

These boxes are the perfect way to wrap up a girlfriend gift!
(scarf, bracelet, lip gloss)

Add your garden goods in them!
(if adding food that may saturate the plate >i.e. berries, you may want to decorate your plate with food coloring and a Q-tip for safe coloring)

Take baked goods to a neighbor!
(or just buy Lofthouse cookies like I did for this picture!  LOL)
I think its safe to say I got carried away making these!

Here is my TV segment talking about these and my paper plate garland:

I think it’s safe to say, once you get started you will become addicted!  I know I had a little too much fun…

For another fun tutorial on what you can make from paper plates, check out my

6 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• UtahCouponDealsSeptember 18, 2013 - 3:07 pm

These are just tooo Cute! My girls are going to love these! Pinned them! 🙂 Thanks!ReplyCancel

• KateSeptember 18, 2013 - 3:19 pm

So Cute Kami! Who would have thought!?ReplyCancel

• Audra DaySeptember 19, 2013 - 2:22 am

Ah! Sometimes getting back to simple can be really nice. And there are so many cute possibilities!ReplyCancel

• LeanneSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:13 pm

Cute idea and I love how you can customize them.ReplyCancel

• WhitSeptember 19, 2013 - 3:50 pm

Those are so darling. I will have to make some for some halloween treatsReplyCancel

• Ramzan AliJanuary 15, 2014 - 5:26 am

That’s really cute gift boxes –and I use scrapbook document for a ton of factors other than scrapbook as well! Thanks for connecting up with the Blog writers Boasts Pinterest Celebration.ReplyCancel

Hey, I'm Kami!

Welcome to the blog

Wife to my Jr. High sweetheart, mother to three daughters. I have always loved being social and staying connected with other people who have similar interests to me. I started a blog back in 2010 and have been in the social networking scene since then. I love meeting new people and helping them feel confident, and see their own beauty.

DIY Gift Box Using a Paper Plate!

What you need:
Paper plates, the flimsy kind (I get mine from the dollar store)
Paint or markers to decorate the outside of your box
Hot glue
Ribbon if desired

These boxes are the perfect way to wrap up a girlfriend gift!
(scarf, bracelet, lip gloss)

Add your garden goods in them!

Take baked goods to a neighbor!
(or just buy Lofthouse cookies like I did for this picture!  LOL)
I think its safe to say I got carried away making these!

Here is my TV segment talking about these and my paper plate garland: