There are sooooo many reasons why I love the $19.99 Ofelia Blanket. I will list a few and then I will give one away to one of YOU! This is my all-time favorite item from IKEA. I was first introduced to this by my mom years ago and now have two in my home!
1. Texture. This blanket is made out of the cutest, softest material with the coolest-looking texture. You could never find this material in any fabric store, and if you found something similar, it would cost you a fortune for the amount you get here.
2. Price. It’s only $19.99, which goes along with reason #1.
3. It washes up nicely. We used this blanket a lot for newborn baby pictures, because of it’s awesome texture. So…you can imagine all of the ‘stuff’ that gets on these blankets during the photo shoot! When you wash it, everything comes out! It is as good as new and in fact the more you wash it, the softer the blanket becomes
4. Adds instant shabby-chic to your room. Okay so, when this blanket is sitting on your ottoman or couch, it instantly becomes part of your home decor! It doesn’t have to be folded, even if it’s wound up in a ball right after someone has been snuggling with it, it still looks picture-perfect!
5. Not too hot. The material of this blanket it sheer so you don’t over-heat when you wake up from a nap! I love napping with this blanket because it’s so light-weight but keeps you warm without making you sweat.
6. The perfect gift. If you do not own one of these, next time you go to IKEA, pick up one for yourself and pick up an extra one to have on hand for a gift. This is a great gift because it’s $19.99 and everyone can add it to their home!’
7. Dye-able. You can dye this fabric any color you want. It is made out of 80% polyester though, so keep in mind that it may not get as dark as you’d like
8. Bang for your buck. Like I mentioned before, the blanket sells for $19.99 and you would never be able to find awesome fabric like this at the material store. It is a good sized blanket
Okay, there you have it. Are you sold on this blanket? Here is the thing: Some IKEA stores do not sell this blanket, and you cannot purchase this blanket on their website, just an FYI.
**Did I mention I made some fun items from this lovely blanket? That’s right: one blanket, three items! See what you can make from it HERE